I knew I had some Native American heritage from my father's side of the family. I found that out when I was 15 years old when I met an aunt from that side. I only met my father once. That was in 2001. I have never been close to anybody on that side of the family.
I finally asked my aunt Diane (whom I met once) via email about my Native American blood. She said that my grandfather was 1/2 Huron, which would make me 1/8 Huron. My grandmother has both Iroquois and Mohican ancestry. Both grandparents have French blood to make up the rest.
I do think that it has showed up in myself somewhat. I have high cheekbones, almond shaped eyes, and I tan easily. I know I love to be outside and active. I live for the woods, lakes, mountains, etc. I do wonder if certain mindsets can be somewhat inborn.
I do want to visit those areas. I know the Iroquois come from New York. There is the Great Lake Huron. I now want to see "The Last of the Mohicans" again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got engaged
I got engaged last September 6th. My fiance proposed to me at the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island.
-
While an undergraduate student at Andrews University I took a poetry class. I studied some of A.E. Stallings' poetry. She studied lots ...
-
Yesterday was a beautiful day on the campus of Sahmyook University. The plants and fountains are beautiful. I noticed a tree with pink bloss...
-
Ode to a Cluster of Violets - by Pablo Neruda - Crisp cluster plunged in shadow. Drops of violet water and raw sunlight floated up with your...
2 comments:
About inborn ideas:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/21/science/21gene.html?_r=1&ex=1121227200&en=b90c52433d9ab6c4&ei=5070&ei=5070&en=99ca3bf4d0f94e92&ex=1119931200&emc=eta1&pagewanted=all
Wow, that's interesting. Thanks.
Post a Comment