Native American Heritage

I knew I had some Native American heritage from my father's side of the family. I found that out when I was 15 years old when I met an aunt from that side. I only met my father once. That was in 2001. I have never been close to anybody on that side of the family.
I finally asked my aunt Diane (whom I met once) via email about my Native American blood. She said that my grandfather was 1/2 Huron, which would make me 1/8 Huron. My grandmother has both Iroquois and Mohican ancestry. Both grandparents have French blood to make up the rest.
I do think that it has showed up in myself somewhat. I have high cheekbones, almond shaped eyes, and I tan easily. I know I love to be outside and active. I live for the woods, lakes, mountains, etc. I do wonder if certain mindsets can be somewhat inborn.
I do want to visit those areas. I know the Iroquois come from New York. There is the Great Lake Huron. I now want to see "The Last of the Mohicans" again.

Comments

About inborn ideas:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/21/science/21gene.html?_r=1&ex=1121227200&en=b90c52433d9ab6c4&ei=5070&ei=5070&en=99ca3bf4d0f94e92&ex=1119931200&emc=eta1&pagewanted=all
Wow, that's interesting. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post