Post

So, I haven't been posting lately. I have been busy working on my Master's Degree in English and a Master's Certificate in Human Rights. I have been enjoying my studies overall. I have been challenged a lot by studying Chaucer this semester (hey, that guy lived six hundred years ago).  I hope to get at least a B in that class. I worked on my degree last summer, taking one class over Summer Session I and two over Summer Session II to get things done and over with.  I got an A and two A- grades.  I have been trying to stay afloat with this semester. I ended up with one late paper for Chaucer due to my factory job I had at the time and time management.  I ended up losing a letter grade, which made me upset.
I decided that I have had enough of Facebook. I have been contemplating deleting my account.  I have already deleted my Twitter at least a year ago.  I also don't have Pinterest or Instagram.  I know that I use Facebook too much. I must spend less time there. Yesterday I found out that I was kicked out of a group I was happy to be in, all because I was being accused of harassing another member and trying to get information out of him.  It is all not true.  I feel very hurt to be accused like that. It doesn't look like I will ever be allowed in that group again. I can't let it hurt me though. I do have to stay off Facebook because it is a waste of time.  I also shouldn't be caring about what those people think about me either.
I am trying to find another job.  While going back to school I have been working various temporary factory jobs.  I haven't been telling those people I am going to school.  I was stuck on third shift all summer and into this semester. I was begging to get on first shift so that I can get a better sleeping schedule.  I also found it hard to study, with my sleeping being in bouts, rather than a good long sleep during the week. I wish that I never had to work third shift this year, but I had to take what I could get.   I have asked numerous people about a job, and nothing is working out.  I also have applied at various places and won't get an interview.  The last interview I got was last year, at an animal hospital.  The vet didn't hire me. I applied there again and she wouldn't give me a second chance either. I am so frustrated. I did go to a job fair at a factory with a staffing agency, and they gave me a position. That lasted for about a month.  At least I got to make some more money.
I am desperate to relocate.  I want to be closer to where my studies are.  I also want to look for better work. I keep getting roadblocks, because everywhere I look for a job I am told that there is nothing available, or the position is given to someone else.
I know that something is wrong. I know that my resume is terrible. I wish that I had tried harder to make things look better.  I should have never gone back to this area after leaving Korea. I should have tried to relocate as soon as possible. This is a terrible place to look for work.  Also, I should have quit letting my family tell me what to do. I should have realized that my controlling mother just wanted me around. She was willing to put up with anything from me just to keep me around. She also didn't want me to do anything that would take her away from me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride