Gwanghwamun, City Hall




Today I went out to the area around City Hall in Seoul. I decided to go to the art museum there. I didn't know what exhibits were showing and I found that it was on Arcadian art and "art synasthesia".
I saw lots of nice French art. I was very pleased with the exhibits. There was a lot of art that was of post-impressionism, cubism, and fauvism. I saw a few Picasso works, some by Henri Matisse, Wassily Kadinsky, Georges Braque, Maurice de Vlaminck, Raoul Dufy, Paul Klee, and Francis Picabia. There were many others. They mostly came from the era from 1890-1930, yet a lot of the paintings were from later dates. I find that time frame to be a great period for art.
I also saw lots of art from Korean artists. I particularly liked one artist named Chun Kyung-Ja. She had many paintings on display in her own wing. She is still living. She traveled to many countries like Peru, Jamaica, Italy, USA, various Pacific island countries, and India. Her paintings had lots of vivid colours in them. She had a few paintings of New York City and they reminded me of the times I have spent there. She first experienced Western art in Italy and she loved the styles. She is someone I would like to meet.
There was another exhibit on how art can stimulate different senses. They had luscious paintings of food. There were grapes that looked so real that I wanted to grab them. Some apples that looked so bright and shiny.
I later went to a nearby palace. It was beautiful. Deokso.

Comments

Hello! Welcome to my blog!
Sounds like a nice exhibition.
It is great. I would like to go back there soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post