Vespers, 29th Birthday

Yesterday I did vespers at Sahmyook University. I was still working on it on Friday morning. I don't have a printer at home, so I was in need of someone letting me use theirs. I saw the English department's door open and went in there to see if anyone was around. Nobody was. Outside I met Professor Kim Kyoung Chul and he let me into his office in the religion dept. I was greatful.
The vespers went well. It started very small, but the group grew. I did my talk on Philemon, and how it is a parallel of the Cross. We were slaves to sin, but Christ has redeemed us, freed us, and we are reconciled. Paul had the hardship of being a prisoner, but that trial became a blessing because he witnessed to many people as a prisoner. He wrote many uplifting letters to the Christian church that are now in the Bible. I used some quotes from the Desire of Ages to talk about the church's mission to win souls. We are to use the gifts that are given to us. Many people told me my speech was good. I then spent the night at Peter and Wendy's home.
Early in the morning we went to Sabbath school. I met Simon, a Danish man I met a few years ago. I also saw Allou, who is sadly leaving soon. I was glad to see him again and am disappointed that he and his wife are going.
We had a fellowship dinner. The entire church sang "Happy Birthday" to me and they had prayer, mentioning me in it. I like this new family. I sat with Elroy, Allou, Adam, Victor, and a few others. I was given a small piece of cake by someone. I had it on the fork and called it "my birthday cake". haha.
After taking a nap we all went to the lake. We sang some songs and had prayer. We then went to the campus and there was a fire. We drank hot cocoa, ate brownies, popcorn, and potatoes. Some pizzas from Pizza School were ordered. Some people toasted marshmallows, but I didn't.
I am glad I had a good birthday.

Comments

A belated "Happy Birthday!"
Thanks! Have a good week.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post