Diffuse Attention and Creativity

I have been following a blog on theories about human intelligence. I found a post this morning that piqued my interest. It is about diffuse attention and creativity. The blog writer had read a post in another blog that said that people with high levels of creativity often don't have very focused attention.
The blog said that high I.Q. (>120)+ diffuse attention cause high levels of creative achievement. I believe that. I know that many of history's greatest creative geniuses were distracted individuals. What I did find interesting was the "cap theory" which says that once I.Q. reaches the 120s range, there is no more correlation between I.Q. and creative achievements. It is implied because of distractability. Interesting. I do think having a drive is the most important thing, once the potential is there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post