Who I Really Am in All Candidness

I know that I am a unique individual. Everybody is unique, yet I value uniqueness and independent thinking a lot. I am a strong non-conformist, so I fit into no categories. I float around from group to group and meet a variety of people. I don't limit myself to any circle of friends. I don't care if my ideas aren't popular. If someone doesn't like my ideas, then they can just stop listening to me.

I do know that I often come across negatively to other people. Sometimes I come on too strongly when someone piques my interest and I want to know them better. They then think I am rude. I do need to be more careful about how I approach people. I am just not shy. I don't want to be rude to anybody. It's just that "Hi, I think you are cool! Let's hang out!" doesn't always work.

Being a gifted individual has made things awkward. I like it when I can connect with people who are on my intellectual level. I have no problem in associating with people of various intellectual levels. Yet when I talk to other highly intelligent people, I feel that I have more to talk about. When I am with the average crowd, I don't always have something to add to the conversation. I then remain quiet, just listen, and people think I am being snobbish. I am not, I just have nothing to say. It's not always that way, I have found many people that aren't highly educated that are self-educated who are still interesting.

I don't care for most mainstream movies and books. I want to watch the better films and read the better books. I watch the best films of the year and some artsy independent things. I like to read biographies, classics, travel narrative, science, and educational magazines. I can't stand movies with badly formed plots, slapstick comedy, and too much action for taste. I also don't want to read cheap fiction.

I want to be known as a kind person. I want to be down to earth. I want to be considerate. I guess I am one of those that people that need some getting to know before I am figured out better. It has hurt me a lot that some people already made a verdict before scratching the surface.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post