Deer Mountain

I went to Deer Mountain with some Korean college students and some professors. I was with my friends Peter, Wendy, Bessie, Sanko, and Julia. I am thankful to have such nice friends here. I also got to meet up with some Korean faculty who were fun to be with. I met Chong-Hee who I talked to on the phone on Thursday night. I thought I was calling Peter to ask him where to meet the bus, but I got her instead. She was very friendly. That's a funny way to meet up with someone.

I went to Deer Mountain only once before. I had a good time. It was about 3 or 4 weeks before I left Korea. I remember feeling at a loss. I didn't want to leave Korea, yet some circumstances were making it that way. I walked off by myself and went up the hill that's there. The wooden cross was there. I knelt and prayed near it and asked God to bring me back there. I later walked further down the path and found some tomb mounds.

Today I went to the hill with the cross on it with Peter, Wendy, and Prof. Shin. We went to the cross and we decided we would split up and have our private prayers, then we would come together and have a group prayer. We walked to the woods a ways by ourselves. I then realised that I was facing those same tomb mounds and scenery I had seen just more than two years ago. I then realized that God answered my prayers well. He didn't just bring me back to Korea, but He also brought me back to that very hill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post