Today I went to church. I had lunch with Peter, Wendy, and Corrie. I met Corrie last month. I think he seems cool and it looks like we will be friends. I spent some time talking with him. He is originally from Trinidad, which finally explains why he doesn't have a thick New York accent, just a slight one. I knew he studied theology, so I asked him if he wants an MDiv. He said he wanted to study at Stellenbosch in S. Africa because of their Hebrew programme, or else here. He expressed concerns that a degree here may not be useful for a PhD in the West. Peter said he knew a graduate from Sahmyook U that went on to get a PhD at Avondale. I have wondered the same thing. Corrie is the first non-SA person I have met that wants to study in S. Africa. I think it's good that he is thinking out of the box.
I later went for a walk with Wendy to the pond. We saw many coloured fish. I was surprised to see such large and beautiful fish. They ate a cracker I tossed them.
March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got engaged
I got engaged last September 6th. My fiance proposed to me at the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island.
-
While an undergraduate student at Andrews University I took a poetry class. I studied some of A.E. Stallings' poetry. She studied lots ...
-
Yesterday was a beautiful day on the campus of Sahmyook University. The plants and fountains are beautiful. I noticed a tree with pink bloss...
-
Ode to a Cluster of Violets - by Pablo Neruda - Crisp cluster plunged in shadow. Drops of violet water and raw sunlight floated up with your...
2 comments:
Stellenbosch University is a best place to be for studies, thats where I completed my Masters, for more information need be just contact me.
Thanks. I have never been to the African continent before, yet I would love to go. Maybe I won't mind living there for a while or longer. I'll see where God leads.
Post a Comment