Last night my mother called me and told me about the puppy. Sam is a red-haired poodle that my family got about 8 weeks before I went back to Korea. It's a tiny little pet. I remember it making a pile of things on the parlour floor. It dragged shoes, toys, even dirty laundry that my mother had separated on the floor. Sam liked collecting things.
My aunt had a stroke nearly two years ago. She has made a recovery, but it wasn't easy. The puppy liked her the best. Sam was often sitting on her or following her around.
Last night I got a phone call from my mother. She said that she brought Sam to the vet's to have a few baby teeth pulled and get neutered. The vet put Sam out under anasthesia and unfortunately his heart stopped. The vet revived him and put him on a ventilator. My mother said she wanted me to pray for little Sam. I was crying because I felt bad. I also felt bad for my aunt because I know that dog was her therapy.
My aunt was a reason why I stayed at home. I helped her get dressed and took her for walks. When I went back to Korea I did wonder how long I should stay. If things ever got bad for her again it may be better if I went back to the USA. Most of my family is either dead or I don't know them.
About 15 minutes later my mother called me again. She said Sam was breathing on his own. I received an e-mail from her this morning and she said Sam was at the vet's and had stood up and was wagging his tail. He ate some food.
June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got engaged
I got engaged last September 6th. My fiance proposed to me at the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island.
-
While an undergraduate student at Andrews University I took a poetry class. I studied some of A.E. Stallings' poetry. She studied lots ...
-
Yesterday was a beautiful day on the campus of Sahmyook University. The plants and fountains are beautiful. I noticed a tree with pink bloss...
-
Ode to a Cluster of Violets - by Pablo Neruda - Crisp cluster plunged in shadow. Drops of violet water and raw sunlight floated up with your...
2 comments:
I'm glad Sam's okay - must be a huge relief :-)
I think so. I would feel bad because he's so young, but he also makes my mother and aunt happy.
Post a Comment