Sam

Last night my mother called me and told me about the puppy. Sam is a red-haired poodle that my family got about 8 weeks before I went back to Korea. It's a tiny little pet. I remember it making a pile of things on the parlour floor. It dragged shoes, toys, even dirty laundry that my mother had separated on the floor. Sam liked collecting things.

My aunt had a stroke nearly two years ago. She has made a recovery, but it wasn't easy. The puppy liked her the best. Sam was often sitting on her or following her around.

Last night I got a phone call from my mother. She said that she brought Sam to the vet's to have a few baby teeth pulled and get neutered. The vet put Sam out under anasthesia and unfortunately his heart stopped. The vet revived him and put him on a ventilator. My mother said she wanted me to pray for little Sam. I was crying because I felt bad. I also felt bad for my aunt because I know that dog was her therapy.

My aunt was a reason why I stayed at home. I helped her get dressed and took her for walks. When I went back to Korea I did wonder how long I should stay. If things ever got bad for her again it may be better if I went back to the USA. Most of my family is either dead or I don't know them.

About 15 minutes later my mother called me again. She said Sam was breathing on his own. I received an e-mail from her this morning and she said Sam was at the vet's and had stood up and was wagging his tail. He ate some food.

Comments

Mary-Jane said…
I'm glad Sam's okay - must be a huge relief :-)
I think so. I would feel bad because he's so young, but he also makes my mother and aunt happy.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post