Schizandrae Fructus Tea

I have heard that certain scents can help us remember certain places well. Just a whiff of a certain scent can take us back many years and to far away places. A smell can be ingrained in our memories for many years and resurface itself with other memories.
I recently found some tea in the kitchenette that's near the staffroom in my school. The previous teachers taught at the school for four years and left many things behind. They had left behind a lot of rooibos (red bush) tea. The other foreign teacher and I used it up. It is good tea from South Africa. I then searched the cabinets for more teas and found some "schizandrae fructus tea". I decided to try it.
The scent of the tea was a sort of cozy scent, and the taste was something that was relaxing. It made me think of a yarn shop that I used to frequent when I was in my old town in the USA. I remember the smell of the place, that was of wools and dyes of various kinds. The place also smelled of books and teas. I liked the place because there were often some friendly people there sitting with knitting needles who were always ready for a chat. The owner of the store is a sweet lady who is very helpful. There were couches and chairs that were soft and comfortable.
While drinking this tea I then had the sudden urge to want to get a hank of yarn and start creating something. It's not easy to find good yarn in Korea that's in abundance. I do have some needles and crochet hooks here. Some of the hooks I own are at least 50 years old and belonged to my grandmother. A few are made of bone, and those haven't been made since the second world war. I found those hooks in the house and nobody in my family could use them. I then decided to teach myself to crochet, so I did. It is something to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post