Coco Avant Chanel starring Audrey Tautou



This is a film that I want to see. I love Audrey Tautou. She was great in Jean-Pierre Jeunet's "Amelie", which made her rise to international acclaim as an actress. I am excited that there is a movie about Coco Chanel. She was a woman of style and her creations defined style for the early part of the twentieth century, and left a lasting impression on fashion ever since. There were other designers of the day that also evolved fashion, but Chanel is one that stands out on her own. Her sleek dresses were standards for "flappers" of the 1920s and dresses never went back to the voluptous skirts of the 19th century. Chanel's perfumes are still sold today, the most popular being Chanel No. 5 and Coco Chanel.
Coco Chanel's career debuted in the 1910s. The time period from just before and just after World War I was a very interesting period for art and style. Poetry, art, literature, fashion, and music were changing rapidly. Futurism, cubism, fauvism, and other art movements were established. There were the writers of the Bloomsburg and expatriates of Paris' left bank who wrote literature and poetry. Full-length films were first becoming popular with stars such as Lon Cheney, Mary Pickford, Clara Bow, and Rudolph Valentino gracing the silver screens. It was a time of non-conformity for artsy types and those practicing it were known as "bohemians".

"The Bohemian" by Pierre-Auguste Renoir

When I was still living in the United States, just before I went to Korea for the first time, there was an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City that was on Coco Chanel. I had only been to the Met once before. I wanted to go there again before going to Korea. I didn't get to go. Before I went back to Korea for the second time I tried to go there again with my sister and a friend, yet that didn't work out. They were worried about the price of taking the train there, as well as sightseeing costs. Going to New York City for a day can be expensive. I did want to try ways to lower the cost like bringing our own food, but to no avail.
I am greatful for Audrey Tautou's talent. By reading the reviews on this film, I'm sure this one won't disappoint.

Comments

Sounds like a movie that's not to be missed.
I think so. I hope I can find that film here.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post