Playing Piano Again

I want to play piano again. I remember going to my first lesson when I was 8 years old. I wore a red dress to my first piano lesson. It was bright red and had embroidered flowers on the hem. I did good for a young child. I went through book after book of music. Then I just quit when I was 11. Playing piano just wasn't "cool". My family also finally got cable television as well for the first time in many years. We just couldn't afford it for a long time. I also started seeing another teacher because my school had a man coming there to teach us piano. The change wasn't a good thing, it wasn't what I was used to. If something isn't broken it shouldn't be fixed.
I have been wanting to play piano here in Korea, yet I don't want to spend the money on a keyboard. I am hoping that I can use the piano in the chapel at the school I will be teaching at. I just need to learn the bass clef again and practice a lot. Of course, it's finding the time which will be a challenge.
I would eventually like to play some older rock songs with feeling. Meatloaf's "I Would Do Anything For Love" would be a great song to play. Of course a chapel isn't exactly a good place for that. ha ha

Comments

Mary-Jane said…
I also studied piano for a long time and it's also one of the things I miss here. When I eventually get a bigger apartment I'm going to fetch my piano from home...
I am sure you miss it. Music is addictive. My sister recently was checking out apartments and chose one out of two apartments because her piano would only fit into that one.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post