Butterflies



Today I went to the nearby river and sat on a rock next to the water. I watched some minnows swimming, a large tadpole leaping around, and the wind in the grass across the water. Then I noticed four black butterflies flying just over the water. They flitted around and chased each other. When a few of them flew closer to me, I noticed they were actually a deep blue colour. A dragonfly that was black with a blue head and a blue band on its tail landed near me. I tried to get it on my finger but it flew away. I saw some white butterflies everywhere. When I was walking home a large black and white butterfly flew near me. It was a type of swallowtail and it had some brownish spots on the bottom of its wings. I followed it for a while along the pathway. It soon flew away. I love watching nature.

Comments

Mary-Jane said…
The butterfly picture you inserted is beautiful - where does it come from?
It's by Salvador Dali.
Mary-Jane said…
Aha... I thought the style looked familiar...

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post