First Day of Graduate School

This morning I left for Sahmyook University. I went for my first day of graduate studies in religion. I arrived ten minutes late for my first class. Nothing really started yet. The class was "Adventist Lifestyle" by Professor E. It is a subject that I am not too fond of. I know a lot about it already. There are some things in it that I'd rather not ponder.
The second class was "Introduction to Biblical Hebrew". It was taught by a Korean professor. He was supposed to have retired. I am glad he's teaching the class since he knows so much about the subject and is a good and respected professor. We went over the Hebrew alphabet which I am slowly getting to memorise.
The last class was "Introduction to the New Testament". It was also taught by Professor E. There wasn't much to do there. We stayed around because we were waiting for a textbook for the first class to arrive. When they came we all left.
I had expected that Hebrew and New Testament would be taught by a South African professor. I had been looking forward to his lectures. I was surprised today that he won't be teaching this term, but will be returning to South Africa. He has been in Korea for a few years. Professor E. said he found out that he will be teaching New Testament last Tuesday. I am sure he can teach it well, but I don't like such abrupt changes.
I later went to the hill to the apartments to see if anyone was around. I wasn't looking for anyone in particular, just anyone to say hello to. I found Truddi. We talked for a while. She moved that day to another apartment. I helped her move some heavy things. She gave me a ride to Home Plus and I did some shopping and later went home.
The only thing I dislike about Sunday classes is that it's a long day. Sundays are the only free day I have. With these classes, I no longer have any free time except on vacations.

Comments

Mary-Jane said…
Religion is very interesting - enjoy it!

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post