Fuxi and Nuwa

I went to the National Museum of Korea at Ichon station last month. I went there to see the Egypt exhibit, but didn't get around to it because I saw other things and then was too tired to see it. I saw a Vietnam exhibit and a Chinese collection, as well as Korean history where many of the things were tagged as "National Treasures" and given numbers. I saw an interesting artifact from ancient China, in the 2000s BC.


This isn't the same image I saw, but these are the gods I saw depicted in a tomb mural. It is of Fuxi and Nuwa, brother and sister duo who supposedly created mankind. I found it interesting that the gods are holding a compass and ruler. I immediately thought of Freemasonry. I do wonder if there is a connection somehow, that those symbols were used for many years and later became Freemason symbols.

Comments

That was quite perceptive to notice the compass and ruler. I wonder how many people just walk past this mural without making the connection.

Freemasonry has links to sun worship, so does some of the ancient Oriental (Chinese) religions. I wonder if there is a link and how the ruler and compass fits into sun worship. Definitely something worth looking into.
Yes, I was surprised to find that in an ancient Chinese painting. I am surprised it came from something so old.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post