Do I Really Like School?

Last week I had a lesson with my students titled "Do I Really Like School?". It was about what is good and bad about school, from a student's prospective. I had some fun with my students. Many said they disliked walking up the tall hill to the school every day. Also, many disliked the cafeteria food. It was unanimous that they enjoyed going to school to meet friends.
I have wondered how much I liked school when I was a kid. I liked school itself. I liked learning. I was a good student. Yet I was always an outsider. I wasn't one who followed the crowd. Maybe it was because I read many books for fun, unlike the other children who wanted only to fool around when they had free time. It could have been that I wasn't interested in conversations about fashion, gossip, or most of the shows they watched. I didn't want to talk about the things they talked about. I was content to have my own interests.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post