Water, water everywhere

I moved into my basement apartment on June 28. I didn't start to live there until July 1. Last week I noticed some water on my floor and wasn't sure where it came from. This week it was terrible, water all over the place. It was seeping from the floor. The walls were all wet on the bottom and there was some black mould in a few places. Today I decided that I wasn't going to put up with it. I talked to someone at work and told him my situation.
The owners of the building and some people from the high school, including the vice principal came to the apartment. They were amazed at the amount of water on the floor. The owners began sopping up the water with rags and putting it in basins and throwing it in the toilet. There were a few small ponds there. The people from the high school were amazed. Someone from the city office was called to take pictures of the damage.
I was asked if I wanted to move to the second floor, even though it was smaller. I said "it may be a smaller place, but at least it's dry". I was going to suggest that if I wasn't asked first.I wasn't sure when I would be moved. That question was soon answered when some movers showed up. It was only an hour and a half after everyone saw the damage. At least things were taken care of.
It was tiring. I got to skip two classes that the Korean teachers took care of. I cleared everything out except my houseplants. Those rooms are now unavailable. I will get my houseplants after I get a shelf for them.
Every cloud has a silver lining: my orchid plant has a new flower on it and I raised it from a tiny seedling!

Comments

Mary-Jane said…
Wow, they moved you real fast. Impressive efficiency...
I was surprised too. I am glad they did it. I was beginning to get allergies from the mould.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post