Some Keep the Sabbath

This morning I made it to Sabbath School at 9:00 am sharp. I knew where to go, I made it just in time. I saw my friend Wendy there. It was nice to see her. She gave a presentation about the Prodigal Son in a sort of Australian version. There was a "top bloke" who worked at a cattle station. The son left and wasted all his money. He returned and they killed a cow and had a barbecue. I thought the story was funny.
I later sat outside and read my Bible for a while. There were a few people in the church and there was no translation. Last week another teacher translated for me while I was sitting there. I didn't get anything out of that. The teachers then all get together for lesson study after the service. I had some help last week. Today I just sat there, reading my Bible while someone talked in Korean. It was nice to read some 1 Corinthians, but I wanted something more.
Last week I was told by the vice principal that I am supposed to sit through their church service and their lesson study, even though it is in Korean. I knew they wanted me to help them with their English Sabbath School, and I don't mind that. I thought I would be able to then go to Sahmyook University for church afterward. I do think I should protest and try not to have to sit through a Korean service every week.
After church I went to a dinner in the boy's dormitory. I then went home for a long nap. Then I went hiking on the trail that's just off my street. There were many people walking on the trail. I felt closer to God on the trail than I did at services today. I do think that nature gives us that opportunity.
Poet Emily Dickinson was a Christian, yet stopped attending

Some keep the Sabbath going to Church-

I keep it, staying at Home-

With a Bobolink for a Chorister-

And an Orchard, for a Dome-Some keep the Sabbath in Surplice-

I just wear my Wings-

And instead of tolling the Bell, for Church,

Our little Sexton-sings.God preaches, a noted Clergyman-

And the sermon is never long,

So instead of getting to Heaven, at least-

I'm going, all along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post