Some of the Finer Things in Life

1. The fragrance of the air after a thunderstorm.
2. The ends of a loaf of bread.
3. A pet cat kneading its paws on you (even though it sometimes hurts).
4. Fireworks.
5. Museums and art galleries.
6. The great outdoors.
7. Hearing from an old friend you haven't heard from in a while.
8. Contacting an old friend and realising he or she is happy to hear from you.
9. Candles and incence.
10. The sounds of songbirds in the morning.
11. Church bells.
12. Rainbows, sunsets.
13. A night at the symphony.
14. The smell of cut grass.
15. Rose gardens.
16. On a dreary day: A cup of tea, a good book, and a cat.
17. Lilacs in spring.
18. Watching ocean waves. The beach at night.
19. German, Swiss, or Belgian chocolate.
20. Sitting around a campfire with friends and swapping silly stories and jokes and singing stupid songs.

Comments

Lindi said…
everything is true........ i see myself in there.......
except the cats....
That's OK. You don't have to be an ailurophile. As for me, I miss my cats. I actually got a cat-shaped pillow because I miss sleeping with my favourite cat.
Mary-Jane said…
Some very nice things indeed...
Anonymous said…
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things


Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things


Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things


Oh, and rugby.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post