German graduate school programme

This looks interesting. I went to visit the Ilsan International Church recently and I found a pamphlet for a graduate programme in "International Social Sciences" at Friedensau University near Berlin, Germany. The programme looks very interesting. It is offered in English. It is about social management, humanitarian aid, and disaster response. It incorporates gender issues, comparative religions, tropical medicines, and many other things.
It is something to think about. Yet a requirement is having a degree in a social science or an equivalent. My degree is in English. I think a social science would be something like social work, public health, or sociology/anthropology.
I did get accepted into graduate school for religion. I do find religion to be very interesting. I have always wanted to learn more about that subject. I was also interested in public health as well. I have felt that public health offers more job opportunities and I could also help other people.
A few years ago I did look into the International Development major at Andrews University. I attended AU for two years. I liked that school a lot.
I do want to travel the world, help other people, and just make a difference.
When I returned to the USA after living in Korea for a while, I learned about a program based in New York City called the "Friends World Program" that is known as a "Global College". It is a bachelor's degree in global studies. The major offers a few choices of curriculum. There is a study-abroad year in Costa Rica, and options for study in South Africa, Japan, India, China, and an academic year held in various locales around the world for the sake of studying comparative religions. I thought that degree would be great, yet it is VERY expensive. Also I didn't feel sure I wanted to make that sort of commitment at 26 years of age. Now I will be 30 next year and I still haven't settled down and I'm fine with that.
I did feel that I could make my OWN global studies programme. That's right, travel the world myself and make MY OWN curriculum. Making an itinerary to travel around, learn new things, meet new people and have fun. I don't need a formal "global studies" programme, I make my own.

Comments

"I could make my OWN global studies programme"... Sounds exciting.
That's right. I can do it all myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post