Frustrated


I went to the school to teach my first day of summer classes. I tried to print out some worksheets from my memory stick. The programme wouldn't work. Apparently my computer and the computers at school have different Microsoft Word programmes. I had to go to class and after trying a few computers, nothing worked. I knew I had to make photocopies so I went to the copier. That wouldn't work either. That copier is odd, it makes lots of noise sometimes, and I often want to put a sledgehammer to it. I started making copies, and then some of them were coming out torn, smeared, and then the machine was totally jammed. I found another copier. I started printing on larger sheets of paper. Soon I ran out of paper. I looked around and saw none. I then asked a Korean man to help me. He left and got some paper. By then my class had already started. My Korean co-worker went to the class for me to take attendance. The man finally arrived with the paper. I was already freaking out because he was taking a while to get it. I thanked him. I then started to print--on small sheets. Darn! I then got the papers, big and small, and rounded them up and took off to the classroom.
Only three students were sitting there. I wondered where my class was, there were supposed to be fourteen. I found that most of them were in a school newspaper meeting. I then started conducting the class with some introductions. Twenty minutes after class was supposed to start I had five more students.
The second period class has nine students registered for it. Not one showed up. I then left the classroom after sitting there for twenty-five minutes doing some writing. I found out that some of the kids didn't know what time the class started and where to go. I was very frustrated. I'll try to keep my sanity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post