It's POURING

It is pouring hard. Very hard. I am glad to be inside the office now. I know I will be soaked when I go to class. Many of my students wear pleather sandals to class, the same that they usually wear to use the restroom in their homes.
My apartment is a mess. I am mostly finished with settling in. I still need a drying rack and ironing board. The rain has seeped into my basement apartment, making the walls wet and puddles form on the floor. I didn't expect puddles to grow from the ground. The floor is muddy because I can't vacuum it. As soon as the floor dries I am going to have to clean it well.
Last night I was planning on going to taekwondo. I had previously washed my dobok and put it on the couch to dry. It was still damp, so I ironed it to get it drier. I then put it in my backpack and went downtown to catch the train. I then had the nagging feeling that I forgot to unplug the iron. I went home. As I was going there, some fire engines were roaring past the bus. I then noticed they were going down another turn. I went to the apartment and found that I actually did unplug it.
I went downtown and bought my sister a puzzle of a beautiful Mediterranean scene. Her birthday is today, and well, I should have sent her a gift at least two weeks ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post