Books I want to get, eventually....

The Age of Reason

I want to read this book. This is about how the "romantic generation" learned to view science. It mentions Franklin, Faraday, Goethe, and many other geniuses of the day. It features writers such as Mary Shelley and Samuel Taylor Coleridge and how they wrote about science as well. It has 500+ pages and looks like a nice thick book to read.
The Brother Gardeners

This is a great history of botany from the 18th and 19th centuries. I saw this at Kyobo Bookstore, but it cost about 52,000 won. I will get it when it's cheaper. It's a new book and also an import.
Best American Travel Writing 2009

I have been collecting this series that started in 2000.
Prisoner of the State: The Secret Journal of Premier Zhao Ziyang

This is a journal written by Premier Zhao Ziyang during the Mao era. He became a political prisoner. I have another book called Wild Swans by Jung Chang that I have read half of. I find Chinese history to be very interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post