Some Connecticut Murders

There was a Yale student that was recently murdered last week. Her name was Annie Le from California. She was a pharmacology student. When I was in the United States, I lived two hours from Yale. Her body was found on the day she was supposed to be married. That is very sad. I talked to my mother about the case, and she said Miss Le was known to be a genius and "could have been the next Einstein" to put that figuratively. So far nobody has been convicted. I think it's very sad that she had so much potential and didn't get to live up to it. She wasn't sexually assaulted and didn't have valuables on her. The murder must have been done out of revenge or jealousy.
This made me think of another murder of a very intelligent person in Connecticut. Dr. Eugene Mallove was a physicist who was known for his interest in very different theories. He was regarded as an eccentric by some in scientific circles because he dabbled in what was considered "the impossible". One of his theories was "cold fusion" in which nuclear reactions can take place at room temperature. Typically nuclear reactions take place at very high temperatures. Think of Chernobyl the famous nuclear power plant whose core melted and killed many people and has made a section of Earth uninhabitable. If Mallove's theory is plausible, then it can mean great things for the search of new ways of creating power. Alas, Mallove was found murdered when he was moving out of his home in 2004. Some conspiracy theorists have said that maybe he was murdered because of what he knew. Others say it was just a robbery. His book Fire From Ice can still be bought on Amazon. Out of six reviewers, five of them gave it five stars and one skeptic gave it one star. He was no cracked pot, just someone who held unconventional views.
I do hope that those who killed those people will get caught.
Mallove's open letter for the world on how we need new forms of energy: Link

Comments

wordwarrior said…
I've heard about this for about a week now. I knew she was to get married. I don't think she was killed because of her intelligence. I read the police are soon to make an arrest in the case, and I would not be surprised if she had a stalker following her, and if he couldn't have her, then no one would. It is sad that some guys can be so jealous, so vicious and cruel, to do something like this.
Yes, I am thinking it could have been a love triangle. Someone should have just got on with his life.
wordwarrior said…
I heard they made an arrest.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post