The Dobu Restaurant

Yesterday Bernedette and I met up with the secretaries from the institute and we went to a dobu (tofu) restaurant with the other staff members. The Korean junior teachers were there, the director and his wife, their two young children, and the two former English teachers from South Africa. We sat on the floor on three tables that were put together. I sat across from Glenn and Ingrid and between Bernedette and Hidy.
The food was excellent. There were side dishes all over the table. There was some good kimchi with garlic shoots. There was friend and fresh tofu. I had a dish of soy sauce with the garlic grass and sesame seeds in it to dip it in. We each had a stone bowl of rice with a wooden cover. The rice had pumpkin seeds, beans, and a ginseng root in it. I love ginseng. We scooped out the rice into a metal bowl and then added a broth to the stone bowl. We then put the wooden covers on and let them sit. We then could have a soup of crispy rice. It was good. I sampled a side dish of hot peppers with bean paste smeared on them. Only Glenn tried a piece of it and I had the rest. I was the only one that seemed interested in some green peppers in red pepper paste. I ate all that side dish. I tried some tofu with paste on it, some garlic shoots in pepper paste, spinach, jap chae, and white radish kimchi.
After all that I felt that I didn't need to eat again until the next day. I had some good conversation there. It was fun. I like the people I work with and I like Glenn and Ingrid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post