Hanging around Hoegi

I went to the Filipino SDA Church of Korea (FILSDAK) yesterday. It took me an hour by bus to get there. The bus #707 was extremely crowded once it got to Seoul. The windows were also foggy and I was worried I wouldn't be able to see where I needed to get off. The bus eventually stopped in Seoul and everybody started getting off. Apparently the bus was having troubles. I then waited on the street and a man told me to get back on either bus #260 or #270. Thankfully it arrived soon.
I made it into the church at 11:15 or so. I didn't miss the sermon. I came in during the children's story. It was about forgiveness. The storyteller took a sweet potato in a bag and said that as long as we don't forgive someone, things are like that potato. We have to carry it everywhere and eventually it will get rotten.
The church was VERY crowded. The sermon was good, it was about Cornelius. I didn't follow it all, yet it's something I want to read more closely.
I was glad to see Miez Amoso. I had wondered what happened to her. I didn't see anyone else I recognised, but many people introduced themselves.
We had dinner after church. There was rice, pumpkin and lentil mash, brownies, gelatin, sweet potatoes, tofu, etc. The folks at the table spoke in Tagalog for a while. When I was nearly finished with my food they then started to speak to me in English. They were very friendly. I found that others lived in Namyangju as well.
I later went to the children's program and the kids sang. I left and then started talking to a South African man named Waldo. He teaches at Kwangju Sangmu. I also taught there, so we had a conversation. We walked together to the main institute where a presentation on Gethsemane was going on. It made many people sleepy. I saw Ashley, a Korean teacher that I went to Cambodia with a few years ago. I also saw Thelma, who I worked with in Bucheon. I was happy to see them.
Ashley helped get me to Kevin and Kim Ellis' home for dinner. I had a good time. I found their daughter Crystal is in the 1000 Missionary Movement. The couple has been in Korea for 15 years now. I think that's great since they like it. The food was good. There was a crouton/mushroom casserole, tangerines, salad, etc. We were talking about freemasons and Skull & Bones for a while. I said that Obama is a 33rd degree freemason and some people were shocked. I said that Alphonso Taft started the S&B at Yale. His son was president of the USA and was also a Supreme Court justice.
Thomas Jefferson belonged to the "Flat Hat Society" of scholars at William & Mary.
I later took bus #707 back home. It was the first time travelling back by myself. The bus was so crowded that I had to stand for about 40 minutes. I met up with a Korean woman who had just returned from studying in Missouri, USA. She said that she knew of the South African couple that had taught at my institute because her mother runs a pet store they frequented. She also said that she had gone to Hoegi to attend a Bible study and church there. She had just attended the Bible study about Revelation by Kim Ellis. I said I had just been at her house. It was amazing. She asked me if I had religion and I said I am SDA.
She got off before me and had the man sitting next to me tell me when to get off. I started to figure it out for myself as I started to see familiar sights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post