COEX Mall, Obama

This week my roommate and I stayed up late at night to watch the Obama inauguration on Yahoo! news. It was great. We had pizza and apple soda. I took off a lot of the cheese. The festivities started at 10 AM EST and midnight our time. There wasn't much going on for a while. Finally the dignitaries were shown getting in place for the ceremony. The Obamas were dressed nicely. At first I thought Michelle Obama's dress was ugly because the colours on the computer screen made her dress look like a greenish-yellow when it was in fact gold. It was an interesting outfit and had a 1960s look.
I thought it was funny when the presidential oath was said wrong. It's true that even very intelligent people make mistakes. They are still human.

Today I had to go back to the SDA hospital for another drug test. When I had the last one I was on some medication because I had been ill. I don't take medicines very often, but I was feeling very bad. Unfortunately, it made my drug test come out positive. I am hoping and praying that things will be OK this time. I have never taken illicit drugs in my life.
I later went to the COEX Mall. I had trouble finding the place when I got off the subway at Samseong. I wandered through some fancy designer stores until I finally found the mall. I grabbed some Italian at the food court, had my hair cut, got a cell phone charm, a pillow, and also three books and a board game at Bandi & Lunni's bookstore. I went to the mall mostly for Bandi & Lunni's. I love bookstores and I spent a long time there looking at the English books. I miss the 500 or so books I had to leave behind. I had better keep out of the malls for a while.
I got: The Island of the Colorblind and Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks as well as Einstein by Walter Isaacson.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Obama didn't falter the oath, the Chief Justice did. He recited the oath incorrectly, and instead of Obama calling him out, Obama, being the super nice guy he is, made an 'uh oh' jesture, and made it look it was his fault, and continued on.
Thanks. It's true that the justice messed things up. Obama did also not repeat an entire sentence that he said. Yes, I'm glad the oath was redone the next day.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post