Sahmyook University church

Yesterday my roommate Bernedette and I went to the English church at Sahmyook University. We had originally planned on going to the Filipino church, but we ran late. The kitchen was full of tiny, nearly transluscent ants. We were killing them and washing out our dishes to get rid of them. We took a taxi to "Sahmyook Taehakyo". We found the theology department. I was wondering if the church wasn't going on during break because the place was dead quiet. I later found that there were some people already there worshipping on the fourth floor.
I was glad to see Victor and his wife Angelina. I also saw Patricia and Bessie. It was great to see some old acquaintances from my last time in Korea. The sermon was done by a woman. She was preaching about being thankful in all circumstances. It reminds me of Philippians 4, which is one of my favourite chapters in the Bible.
After the service I talked with Me'Chelle on Bessie's phone. It was good to hear her. She's moving to Seoul soon, which means I will be closer to her later on. That will be great.
I went over Patricia's apartment. Peter, an Australian man I met before was there. I don't think he remembered me. He taught in Suncheon when Bernedette was there and I visited her. There was also an American woman named Joy, a Kiwi named James, and a British woman named . There was some good food there. We all talked about various stuff.
James was talking about how he wants to travel the world for a few years. He wants to stay in Korea for a while and then possibly head off to South America. He was chuckling about how he has garbage in the hallways near his neighbour's door. He also didn't return a can opener for 4 months.
Peter was saying that he was going to be thrown out of his university job in Suncheon, but later had a broken leg and they didn't get rid of him because they felt bad for him. It was something that did turn out to be good after all.
Bernedette and I were the last people to leave. A sick teacher called Patricia and she agreed to send him some food. We were still talking for a while, and I was feeling bad so I tried to cut the visit. It wasn't easy, but it finally happened. Patricia had another appointment anyways.
After church we tried to get a bus back, but we ended up going a long ways. It was soon getting dark and we did some shopping. I needed shampoo, conditioner, and a hair brush. I ended up spending a bit on supplies at the Face Shop and they gave me a lot of freebies. I won't get any more of that stuff until I use up what I have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post