What to do, what to do

My time in Korea is shortening. I am not sure if I will be gone for good or not. I have been thinking of what to do with myself. I just sent out three resumes for other jobs in Korea, and I have also inquired about another one. I haven't had any feedback yet. I am wondering what is going on. At least I can hear "there's nothing available now". I was talking to my friend from college last Sunday (who is also here in Korea) and she was lecturing me on the phone. She told me that I have to start thinking seriously about what I am going to do with myself. If I can't find anything in Korea, I have to look at options in other countries. If I go to stay in the USA indefinitely, then I should be sending out resumes over there for a job.
She is right that I do have to think about things like that. So far, going to the USA means living with my family until I leave home again. I really don't want to live with my mother for a long time. I do love my mother, but I also want to be on my own. I am thirty years old now and I am old enough to take care of myself.
I don't see many options in the United States for me now. I have only a degree in English, which could help me to work in an office. There are not many jobs in my area for me. I am already overqualified for most of the jobs since I have a bachelor's degree. The best thing for me to do would be to relocate.
There are some cities that are not too far from me, like Hartford, Boston, and Providence with more opportunities than my small town.
I like the idea of study better. Yet, since I am THIRTY now (I still am in denial) I must be quick. I finally sent in an application to study at Stellenbosch. I did fill in one earlier, but it landed in my junk mail. I have had a number of friends here telling me how great the place is. I have to send in my transcripts.
I should also look at some other places. I KNOW I have to not put all my eggs in one basket.

Comments

Mary-Jane said…
I'm assuming that's Stellenbosch South Africa? Yep - that is a very good place to study... Good luck with your planning and I hope you find definite direction soon...

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post