Volunteering at the Vet's Again




I went to the veterinarian to volunteer again today. I did see one atrocity. A tiny female poodle was there. She had just came from the shelter that day. The poor dog had fur that was so matted that it had pulled away from the skin. The dog's skin was mostly bare and the fur was in long stringy mats. The fur was all shaved off by the vet's assistant. A friend and I did help hold her for a while. A large tick was pulled off her face. I noticed her ears were dirty, so I told the vet to clean them out. His assistant took out lots of black stuff and ear mites. The ear mite infestation was very bad. I hated seeing a dog in such a bad condition. I held the dog while the vet scraped some skin off it to test for diseases. Thankfully it was only dermatitis, but the dog's skin was all flaky everywhere.
I am happy to say that dog is being adopted by a friend of mine. It will stay at the animal hospital for a while and will later go home with her. I am glad it has a new chance at life. I do wish that people who don't want their animals would give them to another home rather than neglect them like that.

I shaved a very matted white poodle. I had never shaved a dog before. I did once shave a little bit of a Yorkshire terrier's face to get rid of some muck that built up in its eyes. This was a dog entirely shaved myself. The mats were very thick and it had some yellow dye in its ears and tail. There are many dogs in Korea that have dyed fur. I think I did well in shaving it, I only slightly knicked its rear leg. It wasn't too bad. I did feel pleased with myself. I am going to put up some new photos of it on the internet so that it will be more likely to get adopted.
I also washed a dog with someone else. The dog was malnourished, but not too badly. It was going to a home soon. We must have pulled about 15 ticks off it.
I have been told that maybe I should get a job with animals.

Comments

Skryfblok said…
You are doing a good thing with these animals, Christine.
Thanks. I like doing it.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post