School and allergies

I am glad to say that my fever is gone now. I am finally feeling a lot better. I like that. I really do wish that I didn't have such bad springtime allergies. I took off some work last week because of my allergies and my work is mad at me. They think I was off having some fun, even though I later came back to work with the skin under my nose raw from so much blowing. During a meeting with other teachers I sneezed and a lot of snot came out of my nose and I had to quickly leave the room. I felt embarrassed and wished I had a tissue on me there.
I really do feel tired of working with children. I do admit that I am not very good with children. I don't feel I have good skills with them. I really don't want to deal with children at my job. I know I will be happy to leave this job. I don't want to be cynical or have a bad attitude, so I will try to make the most of things for now. Yet, I am not interested in teaching children anymore. I feel constantly stressed out, depressed, and feel at a loss of what to do with them. I just feel that I have reached my emotional threshold and can't tolerate it.
I feel upset at my workplace for acting like they own me. The Korean culture feels that their work is so important, that it is such a major part of their life and most important. People work for long hours and will go to work even when they are very sick. They are less tolerating of people taking sick leave. Students are the same way, many students are in school even when they are ill. It makes no sense to me, I think that sick people should stay home.
I was told by the director (who told me off very coldly last Friday) that he wants me to put into writing what I did with my time, why I thought it was a good idea to take off work, and how I am going to work for the rest of the time I am here. It won't happen. I won't put anything into writing because it could later be used against me.
On Monday I will go back to the hospital I went to and try to get a doctor's note. I had trouble getting one in the first place because few people there could speak English and few signs were in English. The prescription I showed my job wasn't good enough.
I do admit it. I don't want to do any more working with children. I don't like it. I will never again take a job that requires me to spend time in charge of them. I just don't feel like that is my talent. I decided that I will never work with children again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post