Speech Contest

I was given a script that was written by a student for a speech contest. I am supposed to give comments. The Konglish is comical, yet I do understand this person's point of view. Here is the script:

To My Dear Mom, and To the Future Hope-to-be Moms

I could smell fusty and stinky smell again out of the rest room, and it's the very same thing that I've been used to every morning. What is this smell? Yuk!(seeming like to vomit right away) Bye the way, before long then I became to know that mom's smoking. That beautiful woman, who has such a beautiful daughter, really had been doing it. I was captured by a great shock and even had to stay few days without a word. I began to hate mom. I disliked her. So I decided to write to her.
Mom! Are you my mom? I can't live without you but could you? Are you going to leave me alone on this world and would you like to say untimely farewell? No way! Never, Never! Then I'll follow you right after.
Ladies and gentlemen, I saw quiet much of my friends suffering mental and physical problems from smoking of their parents around me. Musty smell really drives me to be like to throw up and it burrows through my clothes to cause others to get me wrong as a smoker in school. But worst of all, I become to restless about the feeling that parents could pass away from lung cancer in any moment. But the most important thing that we should look around is that children are exposed to lung cancer through the smoking of their parents.
Dear future mothers and fathers!
Do you want to see your children hanging around coughing and choking surrounded by cigarette smoke? Do you want to see your pretty little daughter's lung burt off to black? Do you really hope to see your children's neck having a hole? When, later, they are blaming you crying and saying "all because of you" just before their death, then would you mumble some irresponsible words that you had to quit it looking at their pale faces?
My fellows, try to recall now. The faces of your lovely family. Time is too short for us to love them enough through out the whole our lives. Why would you choose to live in the smoke of cigarette with our short lives? Why should you make your children to shed tears from their eyes?
God doesn't want us to live in the hazy and dusty cigarette smoke. He gave us the blue sky and let us breathe clean air freely hearing the songs of beautiful birds.
Thanks for listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post