Today I was teaching my students about future goals. I had them each make a timeline about what they want to do. For an example, go to college at age 20, get a good job at age 24, get married at age 30, etc.
I made a timeline for my future. I said that I would like to get a master's degree in a few years, and also would like to get a doctoral degree eventually. The students in the front row (all girls) said "when are you getting married?". I said "I don't know". Truthfully, I believe it doesn't matter anymore. It did matter to me at one time, but not now. I think having academic achievements is more important to me.
I do wish that I made different choices in the past. I wish I already had a master's degree. I can't change the past, so it's not worth it to beat myself up over it. I can just look to tomorrow. I am not that old yet, either. I am just going to be 30 in a few more weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got engaged
I got engaged last September 6th. My fiance proposed to me at the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island.
-
While an undergraduate student at Andrews University I took a poetry class. I studied some of A.E. Stallings' poetry. She studied lots ...
-
Yesterday was a beautiful day on the campus of Sahmyook University. The plants and fountains are beautiful. I noticed a tree with pink bloss...
-
Ode to a Cluster of Violets - by Pablo Neruda - Crisp cluster plunged in shadow. Drops of violet water and raw sunlight floated up with your...
No comments:
Post a Comment