On the Future

Today I was teaching my students about future goals. I had them each make a timeline about what they want to do. For an example, go to college at age 20, get a good job at age 24, get married at age 30, etc.
I made a timeline for my future. I said that I would like to get a master's degree in a few years, and also would like to get a doctoral degree eventually. The students in the front row (all girls) said "when are you getting married?". I said "I don't know". Truthfully, I believe it doesn't matter anymore. It did matter to me at one time, but not now. I think having academic achievements is more important to me.
I do wish that I made different choices in the past. I wish I already had a master's degree. I can't change the past, so it's not worth it to beat myself up over it. I can just look to tomorrow. I am not that old yet, either. I am just going to be 30 in a few more weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post