Things to do When I Visit the USA

There are some things I want to do when I visit the USA for two weeks over December/January. First, I want to go through my things. I want to get rid of some clothes and books that I won't use. I want to see if I can sell some of the books at the largest bookstore in the world--The Yantic Book Barn. It has 300,000 new and used books. I am sure it's like going into the world's largest candy store.
I also want to go to Victoria's Station Cafe, my old haunt. I know I want to sit by their fireplace and pick up random things from their bookshelves, most likely a Harvard Classic or a National Geographic.
I do want to go to my home church and see the church members that I have known for most of my life. I will be happy to see them. They have been like my real family.
I do know I will go to Boston with my sister and my friend Michelle. I want to go see her. I am not sure what we will do, probably eat at Uno's or Bertucci's (Boston has great Italian food) and maybe go to the theatre or a museum.
I do want to go to New York City if I can. I really like Manhattan. I think I'd want to go to Times Square and some other attractions. Truthfully, there is so much in New York City that I want to see and do that I would have to spend many weeks there to do it all.
Some ideas are:
The Hayden Planetarium: It has an IMAX on the ocean off South Africa's coast, poisoned arrow toad vivarium, butterfly exhibit...
The Morgan Library: It has special Puccini and William Blake exhibits.
The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA): There are some of Monet's "waterlily" paintings on display.
The Neue Gallery: There is an exhibit called "From Klimt to Klee" that's on until February.
It all depends on what other people with me want to see.
Some things I eventually want to see there are Ellis Island, The Jewish Museum, The Museum of Contemporary Art, The Museum of the Moving Image, The photography museum, The Museum of Sex, and The Cloisters (which is a recreation of a medieval monastery), and some botanical gardens there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post