Yesterday

Yesterday I went to the doctor at Hoegi between classes and had my stitches removed. I had a biopsy done the week before to see what my skin condition was. The doctor said it's psoriasis. I still have some of it on my upper arms and legs, trunk, and face. I have been wearing cover-up on my face and wearing enough other makeup to sort of detract attention from the marks on my cheeks.
I went back to taekwondo after being gone for nearly two weeks. I went to the second class. I felt a bit out of step because I was very tired. I am still a white belt, so it will still take some time to get very skilled at everything. I found that two people are leaving the dojang. One young man is going to the military. I recalled that he told me that before. Also, an American woman is leaving too. I was surprised to find that out. She decided to test for her black belt that day. We all stayed later for her to test. She did get her black belt. I could tell she was nervous. She tried again and again to break 5 boards with her fist, and succeeded in breaking three of them. I am happy that she got her black belt. It's great to get a black belt in Korea. I think it's something I would like to do.
We all had some fun with the boards later, fooling around with them and breaking the pieces of previously broken ones. I got to break my first board. A friend held it and I struck it with my fist. I am pleased that I broke the board on my first try.

Comments

I used to do martial arts, too...it is one of the best ways of getting REALLY fit (though it places huge demands on the body and is not for everyone).

Indeed, I rather wish I had kept it up, now that I am not so fit!

Good luck with your training...and don't give it up. The rewards are great...and go beyond the ability to break things (though that is handy if you ever get in trouble...)

Best wishes
Thanks. I do hope to get my yellow belt within a month.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post