Why Why Why

Today I heard from an old classmate from middle school. My former classmate dropped out of high school because she got pregnant. Thankfully, she later got a job with an ambulance crew. She is a single mother with three daughters. Her oldest child has leukemia. She is going through lots of chemotherapy. Shame. The father has nothing to do with his children and never sends any money. This is the message as was typed:

"i found him, and talked for a little. i asked him flat out if she ever need bonemarow would he ever help. his answer was pretty much if i don't have to pay child support."
"ive realized as a single parent that sometimes its better not to have the other one around. I just have to find a way to tell destine when she gets older that her dad knew that she was going through cemo. and could care less."

How cold. It disgusts me how someone could be so uncaring. Not sending any money is despicable, yet showing little care to see if he can help with marrow donation is beyond that. Any good father would quickly find out if he's a match so he could help her if he had to.

It reminds me of my father. He left when I was two years old. Really, I wasn't yet two, it was nine days before my birthday. He never made any contact except to later say that the divorce was finalised and he was getting married to his new woman.

I met up with my sperm donor, er "father" when I was 21. Some relatives from that side of the family worked at the college I attended. He came to visit them, and that's how I got to finally meet him. He acted all happy to see me, but I could tell it was a facade. I did get to talk a little to him, it did feel good, yet I knew that I would never see him again after that. I haven't. The e-mails stopped after a few months. I never cried over it, yet two weeks after the meeting I shaved my head completely bald.

I do believe it's better not to have someone around who doesn't care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post