I miss the good cartoons

When I was a kid I used to come home from school and watch Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures. I still remember a lot of the episodes I saw. I don't think the cartoons they make now are as good. Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon don't cut it.
Pinky and the Brain were my favourite characters from Animaniacs. The two lovable mice that want to take over the world were funny. I loved how Brain would often say "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" Of course Pinky, the dimwit, would always say something irrelevant like "yes, sure, how would we get pink tutus for both of us?" Those were the days.
Here's Pinky and the Brain singing "Brainstem" which is about brain anatomy.


Here is Plucky Duck singing about arcade games to Tchaikovsky's "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy" and "Russian Dance".

Comments

wordwarrior said…
I hadn't seen either one of those before. I loved Animaniacs. Pinky and the Brain were good, too. Kind of scary, but I miss those cartoons, as well as the older cartoons I grew up with featuring early Bugs and Elmer and Porky.
I wasn't a fan of Porky Pig. I liked Marvin the Martian a lot. Elmer Fudd was great. "I'm huntin' for a wabbit!"
Skryfblok said…
Yeah, Pinky and the Brain was great. I also loved Animaniacs. One of my favorites is Freakazoid. To be honest I actually appreciated the great scripts in more when I watched it again a year or two back. Excellent examples of some of the great postmodern script writing techniques -- years ahead of The Matrix! I knew something special was going on when I watched it as a kid, but back then I did not exactly understand it. But now, as a scholar in Postmodernism and Creative Writing, I really appreciate the genius of it.

The older I got the less I liked Tom & Jerry because I like cats and didn't like to see cats depicted as stupid and always getting the short end of the stick.In my version Jerry would be eaten in every episode.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post