6 ears of fresh corn or 3 cups frozen whole corn
1/2 cup chopped onion (medium)
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 TBSP cooking oil
1 cup cubed, peeled potato (1 medium)
4 TSPS all-purpose flour
1/4 TSP salt
1/4 TSP black pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
2 TBSP bacon (fake for me)
2 TBSP fresh parsley (optional)
In a large saucepan cook onion and sweet pepper in hot oil until the onion is tender, but not brown. Add the potato. Bring to a boil. reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for ten minutes. Stir in corn. Cook, covered, about ten minutes more or until potato and corn are tender, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl combine flour, salt, and pepper. Stir milk into flour mixture, add to corn mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for one minute more. Add crumbled bacon, beat through. If desired, garnish each serving with parsley.
I have had corn chowder without bacon pieces before, so I don't think they are always necessary. The imitation bacon bits are good though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got engaged
I got engaged last September 6th. My fiance proposed to me at the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island.
-
While an undergraduate student at Andrews University I took a poetry class. I studied some of A.E. Stallings' poetry. She studied lots ...
-
Yesterday was a beautiful day on the campus of Sahmyook University. The plants and fountains are beautiful. I noticed a tree with pink bloss...
-
Ode to a Cluster of Violets - by Pablo Neruda - Crisp cluster plunged in shadow. Drops of violet water and raw sunlight floated up with your...
2 comments:
When I think-I'm dangerous to myself and others-that's for sure.-Looks like a nice recipe-can you send a bowl by e-mail?
Sure, but it'll have to come all the way from Korea.
Post a Comment