Saying Goodbye to My Church

This morning was very snowy. The snowstorm started yesterday and dumped a lot of snow on the ground. I had to shovel the driveway. Both cars were buried up to the wheels. I was sure church would be cancelled. The phone call from one of the church members said that church would start at 11 am. I was glad that there will still be church because it is the last Sabbath before I go back to Korea. When I arrived at church there weren't many people there. It was very cold outside but the inside was warm. We were going to watch a Shawn Boonstra video, but the church members decided there would be only Sabbath School. I was tired from all the shoveling and daydreamed a bit during the lesson. I also couldn't sleep well last night.
After dinner the church decided to have prayer for me in the sanctuary. It was nice of them. I felt sad and nearly cried, yet I know things will work out well. Betty, my adopted grandmother held my hand and Roy, the head elder held my other hand. I hugged people and said goodbye. It was nice to have a little group there. One woman, Sharon, is moving to Florida and I don't know when I'll see her again. I wished her a nice life there.
I know I will miss my church family, but life will go on as it has before each time I have left my home church. It was always hard to leave, but afterwards I would only hear from a few people. That's the way it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post