Following God's Plan

I recently returned to Korea after two years away. I did it because I missed the place. I also felt that most likely God wanted me to come back. I am hoping I got that right.
So much confuses me about what to do with my life. I had been an English major. There's not a whole lot anyone can do with that degree alone. I wish I had another major or a master's degree already. I would feel much better.
A few weeks before I came back to Korea I was starting to have second thoughts. I was asking myself just why I was going back. "Is this a dead end?", I was telling myself. I was then wondering why I wouldn't just get on with my life.
Yet, if God wants me somewhere, it's not a dead end. It's just part of God's plan.
I have thought of going back to Andrews University later in order to finally get my master's degree. So much I have also thought of other things. For years I have thought of moving to another Western country like England or Canada. I am open to many places though. I just want to find out where God wants to lead me. That's what I should do, I shouldn't be anxious about anything.

'Many are unable to make definite plans for the future. Their life is unsettled. They cannot discern the outcome of affairs, and this often fills them with anxiety and unrest. Let us remember that the life of God's children in this world is a pilgrim life. We have not the wisdom to plan our own lives. It is not for us to shape our own future. "By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went" Hebrews 11:8
Christ in His life on Earth made no plans for Himself. He accepted God's plans for Him, and day by day the Father unfolded HIs plans. So should we depend upon God, that our lives may be the simple outworking of His will. As we commit our ways to Him, He will direct our steps.
Too many, in preparing for a brilliant future, make an utter failure. Let God plan for you. As a little child, trust the guidance of Him who will "keep the feet of His saints". 1 Samuel 2:9. God never leads His children otherwise than they would choose to be led, if they could see the end from the beginning and discern the glory of the purpose which they are fulfilling as co-workers with Him.'

--Ministry of Healing, page 207

Comments

I think so. That one jumped out at me. I do think that I need to surrender things to God's will instead of worrying about them.
Mary-Jane said…
Life is pretty insecure if you don't have something (faith) to hold on to. But even that gets difficult. How does one ever know what God's plan is? How do I know I'm following it right? I don't know.
Sometimes it seems the best way is just plodding along as best you can and hoping that everything will somehow be okay. And somehow it always is.
I like the verse that says "weeping may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning". I now feel the urge to find out where that is.
I do think it is difficult to find God's plan. I think that so many people think that because something is happening it's God's will. God's will doesn't always happen, but what always happens is what He allows. I just think that we need lots of prayer in making our decisions and surrendering our will.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post