Handel's "Messiah"

Yesterday I went to church. The guest speaker was a senior theology student from Atlantic Union College. He did seem to have his heart in the right place, but I couldn't get into his sermon well. He started talking about baseball in relation to someone named Elias and I tuned him out. I don't understand baseball all that well. What was he talking about?
I later sat near him and his girlfriend and other people at the dinner table. His girlfriend was interesting. She was pretty, with coffee-coloured skin and dark hair. She was born in Mozambique to a local mother, lived in Johannesburg in SA, also in Italy because her father is Italian, and studied in Brazil for five years. She is now at AUC and dating her handsome red-haired man from Vermont. I do think it is awesome for her to be so cultured. I am glad for the exposure to other cultures I have had in my life.
After church I took a nap and then went to Victoria's Station after sunset. I read some more on my Einstein biography. He fell in love with Mileva Maric mostly because she was someone who shared his interest in science. His family was angry at him for liking her because she wasn't pretty and was sickly. He loved her because he loved her mind. To me, that made enough sense. I think romantic love should be a sort of higher friendship and do we not choose our friends based on common ground?
I later walked down the street to the Congregational church to listen to Handel's "Messiah". I hadn't listened to the entire thing live before, and I was in for a real treat. It was lovely. The church was crowded, yet I shared a pew with only one person. The organ sounded like a harpsichord and was accompanied by two violins and an electric cello. I loved that cello, I am not sure if I've heard an electric one before. It was great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post