November 11 is Peppero Stick Day. Since the day is 11/11, it represents Peppero Sticks. Those are the stick pretzels that are covered in chocolate. When I first came to Korea in 2005, Peppero Stick Day was a big deal. I received many Peppero Sticks from my students. I didn't know what to do with them all, I had some for a long time. Thankfully, they keep well.
Unfortunately, when I moved into an apartment that summer, I found a drawer filled with Peppero Sticks. I knew nothing of the unofficial holiday. So, I didn't know the sticks were months old. I bit into a number of them and realized they are all old. I had to throw them all out. That was a killjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got engaged
I got engaged last September 6th. My fiance proposed to me at the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island.
-
While an undergraduate student at Andrews University I took a poetry class. I studied some of A.E. Stallings' poetry. She studied lots ...
-
Yesterday was a beautiful day on the campus of Sahmyook University. The plants and fountains are beautiful. I noticed a tree with pink bloss...
-
Ode to a Cluster of Violets - by Pablo Neruda - Crisp cluster plunged in shadow. Drops of violet water and raw sunlight floated up with your...
No comments:
Post a Comment