Some of My Favourite Music Videos of ALL TIME!!!

When I was a preteen and young teenager, I was hopelessly addicted to VH1. Here are some of the best videos of that time period, in my own opinion:

#1 Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer"
This music video is so trippy. Gabriel had to sit still for an entire day to have that stop-motion animation done around his head. I love the dancing poultry.

#2 Madonna's "Take a Bow"
This video was filmed in Spain. The matador is so sexy. :D

#3 Queen's "Save Me"

This was the first music video to combine animation with real footage.
#4 Jon Secada's "If You Go"
Every jilted lover's fantasy. You can somehow "rescue" the object of your affections from that other person.
#5 Janet Jackson's "Love Will Never Do Without You"
This features two male models.

#6 Celine Dion's "The Power of Love"
Celine Dion's sensual video at the start of her career. Too bad her work later became hackwork.
#7 Elton John's "The Club at the End of the Street"
A fun animated video. It was animated because Elton John was spending his time with the family of AIDS victim Ryan White.

#8 UB40's "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You"
This is a beautiful cover of Elvis' famous song.

#9 Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More"
This Alice in Wonderland set is fun.

#10 Blind Melon's "No Rain"
The Bee Girl is laughed at, goes around trying to be accepted, and then finds peace and happiness when she arrives in a field full of fellow bees. It is a metaphor for the lives of lots of us.

Comments

wordwarrior said…
I remember Tom Petty's video for "Don't Come Around Here Anymore" and Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer." I liked Petty, but just didn't get Gabriel. I'm more in tune to Salsbury Hill "my heart was going boom-boom-boom"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMwn_hnoS5Y

I didn't listen to much secular music during the 1990s.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post