Flower Show in Ilsan


Today I went to the Flower Show at Lake Park in Ilsan. The show was held in a few buildings and also had some outdoor exhibits. There is a rose garden (jangmi won) nearby.

I found the Rose Garden first. I noticed some nice roses named after Japan's child princess Aiko.

Inside the exhibition hall there were exhibits of table settings, flower arrangements, and crafts with dried flowers.

This reminds me of someone I knew named Gracie.


Believe it or not, this map is made of dried flowers.


I believe this orchid is on the cover of the book I read called The Orchid Thief by Susan Orlean which became the inspiration for the movie "Adaptation". In that book I learned of the obsession with orchids that collectors have. I see how it can easily be developed.

I believe this one was from Thailand.
These are from the Rare Orchid Exhibit.
There were some gems there.

Comments

Lindi said…
looks good Christine, I had planned to go there but I had lot of things to do, I guesse you snooze you loose........
is it over I think from the advert it was up to 10 may right?
That's right. Yesterday was the last day.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post