Sahmyook University, Teacher Appreciation Day

I left the house for Sahmyook University at about 10 am. I opened the door and found a box for me. It was the book I had ordered titled The Road to Monticello:The Life and Mind of Thomas Jefferson by Kevin Hayes. The book is a biography of Thomas Jefferson seen through his love of books. He was an avid book collector and scholar of languages. I jumped into a taxi with a female driver. I was surprised because I don't often see women driving taxis anywhere in the world. I think that's my first Korean woman I have met that drove a taxi. I went to the graduate building at SYU and gave them my paperwork. I will have to get an interview next week Thursday. I was told I had to talk to Professor Kim Un Bae that day to get a recommendation from him. I didn't know that. I was told he was in class then.
I had lunch at a Korean restaurant on campus. I had some jajjang myun and got some of it on my shirt. I later got ahold of Professor Kim. He told me to wait about 20 minutes. I walked to the theology building and decided to find a nice shady place to sit with my book. I saw Bessie coming out of the English dept. and I walked over to say hello to her. She asked me if I had lunch already and I said I did. She said she had to eat and run back to teach again. I would have liked to have eaten with her if I had the time and didn't eat already.
I got the stains mostly out of my shirt and I met up with Prof. Kim. It looks like things will go well. I got back to my job just in time to teach. I got a bouquet of flowers in a basket from a student named Irin. I was happy. I had forgotten about it. It made me feel good because I was so tired from everything. I also got a pen with a ribbon flower on it, and a coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post