Garden of the Morning Calm

Korea is known as the Land of the Morning Calm. Today most of Korea has become very urbanised and much of it isn't as calm as it used to be. I do think it's a shame that everywhere is so built-up. I have loved nature since I was a child. When I was very young I could identify many trees and flowers. I live for nature.

I went to the garden with my co-workers and bosses. Here at the Garden of Morning Calm I felt like I was in a Dr. Seuss book. The gnarly bonsai trees and bright colours made me feel like I was in one of the pages.





The founder of the botanical garden is a professor at Sahmyook University. He was there and my boss pointed him out to us. The garden has many gardens inside of it and they have many poetic names. There is the Heaven Garden, Eden Garden, Bonsai Garden, Moonlight Garden, etc.



There were some small pagodas piled in clusters in a river. It is to keep evil away. I have seen those at Namhansanseong and Namsan.



When we were finishing our time there we came across a quaint little chapel. It was near a garden called the "Heaven Garden". There was a large Korean Bible on the pulpit that contained nice pictures.



Comments

Mary-Jane said…
It looks very beautiful... I would love to see it in person.
It was awesome. I just wish it wasn't so crowded. I want to go back there again soon.
h2ovapor said…
The second picture from the top is my favorite!

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post