Trying to get my visa

This morning my sister and I left the house to go to Newton, Massachusetts. We were to go to the Korean consulate to get my visa. We first got gas and some snacks for the ride, then we went on the interstate. After about 15 minutes there was a loud popping sound and the car was dragging. She pulled to the side of the road and I got out of the car. The right front tyre was flat. The roadside assistance was called. We started cleaning out the back of the car. It was filled with lots of stuff. My sister is an art major and she had many projects stowed away there. There was also other stuff since she recently moved and didn't take everything out yet. I found a DVD of "Spirited Away" among the things. I found it strange since I was posting about the movie on another blog this morning. After enough things were out of the car I pulled the spare out.
Just before the man came, my sister turned the key and found the car was dead. She called the service again. Soon the man came and put the new tyre on. She was still on the cellphone and the person on the other line asked if he would jumpstart the car. The repairman was on the ground and heard the phone and started laughing. He said "No, I think I'll drive off and then wait for another call and the come back to jumpstart the car". My sister started laughing. The car started again.
We then went to Jiffy Lube to see if they would put on a new tyre. We waited in line with Poulenc's organ concerto playing in the car. I didn't recognise the music. My sister informed me that it was the same music we listened to while at a concert over a year ago. I remembered then. I went there to meet a man I met on an Adventist singles website. He had gone to Atlantic Union College as a music major and studied under William Ness, who was the organist. Dr. Ness was the minister of music at that church now. The man made it a point to go to every concert Dr. Ness put on, even if it meant he had to drive a few hours. I admired the deep respect he had for his former teacher. The concert also included the AUC orchestra. I liked watching Dr. Ness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post