31st birthday

Yesterday I turned thirty-one years old.
I spent a lot of the morning trying to fix the internet connection on the house computer.  It didn't work. I was frustrated.
I went outside to take the dogs for a walk and I was pleased to see some daffodil bulbs coming out of the ground.  The winter was extremely harsh and the snow was very high.  My area had many roof collapses and driving was difficult due to the high snow banks on every corner. 
I did want to go to a certain Mexican restaurant, but the restaurant has temporarily closed because of problems with its roof.  My family decided to go to another Mexican restaurant in town, but the restaurant was closed because it was Monday.  We decided to go to a pizza parlor instead.  The pizza was very good, I shared a vegetable pizza with my mother. My sister and aunt both had salads and pasta.
At home I had chocolate and harlequin ice cream with a cake.  The cake was nice, double-layer with real frosting and green/white jimmies on the side.  There was green lettering on the top, saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE".  Since my b-day is very close to St. Patrick's Day, I have had many green birthday cakes.  That's fine because I like green.
I don't really "feel" 31.  Well, maybe because so many other people my age already have children, homes, careers, and I have spent a good part of my adulthood living in Korea and have remained single.  It's OK, not all those people with all those things are happy.

Comments

wordwarrior said…
I don't feel like I am 46 years old. Mentally I think I am stuck somewhere between 17 and 21 years old. Physically, I think I am pushing 55. Still, I do things people in my age and weight class don't dare attempt. Anything in Taekwondo is easier for a younger person. We live in a fascinating age, on the verge of something way too good to believe, and I want to see it happen. God's will be done. So much time has been wasted, and so much work has yet to be started. WE are all falling behind.

Hang in there. You are doing good.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post