This week I went to Suwon and decided to explore the area. I found a temple and old fortress, Doksanseong. It was a bit grueling to walk up the hill in the heat. I didn't realize the temple was so far away from the road. I found a small temple with a little stone pagoda in the front with many small statues of Buddha on it. I went inside the temple and saw many small statuettes of Buddha that all looked the same. They were white and each had an electric light in front of them to resemble a candle.
I walked around the wall and saw some good views of Suwon. I do think Suwon is a nice area.
I later had some doengjang jiggae at the mall near Suwon station. It was good food and I would eat there again. At 6,000 won it wasn't bad.
I have thought of moving outside of Seoul to find fresher air and less crowding.
August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got engaged
I got engaged last September 6th. My fiance proposed to me at the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island.
-
While an undergraduate student at Andrews University I took a poetry class. I studied some of A.E. Stallings' poetry. She studied lots ...
-
Yesterday was a beautiful day on the campus of Sahmyook University. The plants and fountains are beautiful. I noticed a tree with pink bloss...
-
Ode to a Cluster of Violets - by Pablo Neruda - Crisp cluster plunged in shadow. Drops of violet water and raw sunlight floated up with your...
2 comments:
what happened to your plans concerning South Africa?
Still thinking about it. I will have to get paperwork in this week.
Post a Comment